Friday, July 29, 2011

Challenge #1 - The Winner Is...

Thank you to everyone who followed the blog this week! We had a lot of fabulous song suggestions; who knew we were so creative? Though most of the fun has been reading everyone's posts, we do have a winner to announce, selected at random, along with an "editor's pick." I had to choose the winner randomly because there is no way I could evaluate and rank the posts with the expectation that somehow one would be better than the others, so... I put all 14 qualifying posts into a random number generator and then chose the winner based on the generated numberblahblahblah.... I've included the screen-shot for those purists. 


So, congratulations LAUREN!! 

Lauren's post reads:

Song: With A Little Help From My Friends
Artist: Joe Cocker

Lyrics:
What would you do if I sang out of tune
would you stand up and walk out on me
Lend me your ear and I'll sing you a song
I will try not to sing out of key

I get by with a little help from my friends

My rationale: Although this song is about friends, my best friends are my family and they are always there for me. It's about getting by with help from friends/family and I know that I can get through anything the help from my family. Plus, I sing a lot of songs out of tune and my family never stands up and walks out on me :).


I'm giving our winner Lauren the job of "editor's pick"... good luck! I'll  update with those results as soon as she's done collecting bribes! (I have just been informed that Lauren chose Dominic for her "editor's pick." Enjoy your treats!)


The winners will each receive a small token for their efforts this week.


Our new challenge will post tomorrow! Thanks for playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment