That being said, it's time for our first challenge. Drumroll please...
Gross Family Theme Song
Now, I'm sure it's tempting to suggest the cliche, but please be warned that songs like "We are Family", though upbeat, joyous, and otherwise passable, do not meet the requirements of this challenge. So what are the requirements you ask? Read on:
1. Become a follower of The Gross Family Challenge Blog (GFCB).
2. Choose a song that does not include the word "family" but does include a message that describes membership in our family.
3. Comment on this post with your pick for the Gross Family Theme Song and be sure to include: name of the song, artist, specific lyric (not the whole song), explanation of how chosen lyric exemplifies our family.
4. Post your pick by Friday, July 29, 5:00pm CST.
5. The winner will be randomly selected from all entries and will receive a PRIZE!!
6. Questions? You can e-mail me with any questions regarding this challenge. Send queries to:
grossfamilychallengeblog (at) gmail (dot) com
7. A sample entry is included in the comments below; no, I can't win my own prize!
Have fun, be creative, and thanks for playing on The Gross Family Challenge Blog!