Saturday, July 30, 2011

Challenge #2 - Metamorphosis

Update!

I have received a few clarifying questions regarding this challenge. Hopefully this clears up any confusion!


1) You do NOT need to make something for this challenge, just send a "before" and "after" picture of something... this can be a literal "before" and "after," or a less-than-literal interpretation. Anything goes!


2) You do NOT need to upload your own images; I will take care of this. You should e-mail your pictures and a brief description to: grossfamilychallengeblog (at) gmail (dot) com


3) You do NOT need to provide a step-by-step description of the change or pictures along the way (though you can if you'd like).


4) The deadline is now MONDAY, AUGUST 8!! 


Please feel free to send any more questions. There is a sweet prize for this challenge (think "repurposed" goods).


Times, they are a changing. The theme of this challenge is metamorphosis, evolution, change, recycling... basically I challenge you to transform something "old" into something "new." Here is a sample to get those juices flowing. I recently purged my closet in an effort to stay organized (insert laugh track). Midway through I came across an old dress that has miraculously managed to escape the donation pile for what I assume is close to six or seven years! And I'm positive I haven't worn it in at least five. So I got to thinking; why is it that I haven't been able to part with this admittedly outdated frock? I really don't know. There isn't a good reason. But again, I didn't want to throw it away.

The dress - before.

Thus, the metamorphosis challenge. Instead of getting rid of it, I decided to turn it into something new!

First I cut the dress in half.


Then I adjusted the darts...
who knew I needed to do this to make the skirt fit?
Then I sewed up all of the seems.

Ta-da!! Dress becomes skirt.

Now, this challenge is NOT to become a low-skilled fashion designer (though the first part of this post might certainly suggest that); it is to e-mail me two images, namely a "before" and an "after" image depicting the change of something into something else. Send your images (by August 8, 5 pm CST) to:

 grossfamilychallengeblog (at) gmail (dot) com

Be sure to include "metamorphosis" in the subject line along with a brief description of your item's "change" in the body of the e-mail. I will compile all images and post them, along with the randomly selected winner, on Monday, August 8. Remember, be creative!

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! Do I have a talented sister or what?? I love the idea of changing something "old" into something "new". Love the "new" skirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow! This is quite challenging for me! I'm glad you changed the deadline! No laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GEEEZ!!! After a week of crafting with the MASTERS and trying to survive massive head issues.....I think I can accept the challenge!!! Maybe not to the extent of the "crafting extraordinaire family" but I can give it my Italian best! Nice skirt Cortney! Thanks for the ease on the deadline! And what was Dom's song choice by the way????

    ReplyDelete